Thursday, January 10, 2008

You had to know a phone call was coming

(Groggily) Mmmm?
Bronson, it's Lenny. Did I wake you up?
(Still groggy) Mmmmhmmm.
Dude! It's three-o'clock in the afternoon!
What's your point?
Whatever...I have a question.
Make it fast, Len, I didn't sleep the entire time I was in Boston...
Uh, yeah, Boston was what I wanted to ask you about. I don't know how to say this so, oh what the hell...Bronson, are you high?
Loaded question, bro.
No, I mean, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?


Aw, that? Dude, I explained that! It was a JOKE. I sang about getting out of Cincinnati and going back to Boston. Get it?
Bronson?
Yeah?
Do you want to get out of Cincinnati and go back to Boston?
Well...yeah.
Then, dude, it isn't a joke, it's the truth. And it's really unfair to all the fans in Cincinnati. You're the number two starter there, B. You need to start focusing on being a Reds player and stop obsessing on being a Red SOX player. That ship has sailed, dude. That ship has sailed. The Cincinnati fans love you. You need to love them back.
:thinks:
Bron?
Hmm...
Are you thinking about the Cincinnati fans?
Yep.
Aaaaand?
Do you think I could get the Cincinnati fans to talk Theo into bringing me back?
I gotta go, Bron. I'll talk to you in April.
:sings:


:weeps: Oh man! I really miss Boston too!

2 comments:

Dori said...

So glad to see Bronson and Lenny chatting again...I really missed them and as usual they are so entertaining!

Tex said...

I'm surprised this phone call hasnt taken place sooner :)

you CraCk me UP!